It is National Random Acts of Kindness Week (Feb 15-21). I am a strong believer in RAK’s (Random Acts of Kindness). Just that small something you do for a stranger or randomly can really impact someone’s day or even life! Think about a rough day you might have had where someone just gave you a smile that made you feel a little better even.
You can learn more about the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation and get lesson plans, ideas, newsletters, printables, and more on their website. You can also follow them @KindTimes on Twitter and fan them on Facebook.
Here are a few ideas of mine and some from the RAK Foundation website:
- Visit a nursing home and spend some time with a resident
- Pay for the person behind you in the drive thru
- Take flowers to your neighbor
- Take a treat in to work to share with your coworkers
- Tell a cashier how much you appreciate them
- Hand out balloons to passersby
- Say something nice to everyone you meet this week
- Send a thank you note to someone important in your life
- Give a hug to a friend
- Hold the door for others
- Give blood
- Tell your boss they are doing a good job
- Have a clean up party in the park
- Call an estranged family member or friend
- When drivers try to merge into your lane, let them in and wave and a smile
- Offer to watch someone’s children for an hour or two
- Leave a comment on a blog!
So what types of random acts of kindness can you think of?