I would even have to agree with Taylor on this one and go for the super cool Hexbug! It might be small, but it is mighty in it’s fun. Don’t think they are just for the kids either, adults (like me) love these little robotic creatures just as much as the younger ones. While the bunny is super cute, what am I really going to do with it? Plus the Hexbug is a fantastic alternative to candy – do we really need to buy our kids all that chocolate and sugar? The Hexbug I can keep out and play with 365 days a year! In our house we have Hexbug originals, Hexbug Nanos, and now the Hexbug Ant! I did the review on the Hexbug Nano a while back and I still love it. The Hexbug Ant is super quick also, but runs in a different way. He also has little wire “detectors” on the front and back so he turns around when he bumps into something. A lot more like the original Hexbug, but much faster!
The HEXBUG Ant is the fastest member of the HEXBUG family, equipped with front and rear touch sensors enabling it to maneuver around objects in its path. In addition to its unmatched speed, the HEXBUG Ant’s hooked claw wheels propel the creature across both smooth and carpeted surfaces. ($11.99; Available now at Target, Toys“R”Us, RadioShack stores nationwide or at www.hexbug.com)
The HEXBUG Inchworm comes with a miniature infrared remote control outfitted with two channels so that two bugs can be operated independently or at the same time. The remote offers seven way steering and the HEXBUG Inchworm can pirouette in place when stopped on its center pod foot. ($19.99; Available now at RadioShack stores nationwide or at www.hexbug.com)
The HEXBUG Original is armed with bump and sound sensors. Clap your hands or touch it’s front antennas and the bug will reverse in direction! ($11.99; Available now at Toys“R”Us nationwide or at www.hexbug.com)
THE HEXBUG Crab uses its autonomous light and sound sensors to hide in the dark and run from loud noises. Users control which direction the HEXBUG Crab scurries and can make it change direction with a simple clap of your hands! ($14.99; Available at specialty retailers internationally or at www.hexbug.com)
Required Entry: Leave a comment telling me who in your family would prefer a Hexbug over a fluffy stuffed bunny in their Easter basket this year. Winners are notified by email only, so make sure I have a way of accessing your email address when you comment.
Extra Entries: The following are all extra things you can do for more entries. Leave an additional comment for each thing you do to earn extra entries.
- Subscribe via email here to my feed and then leave a comment letting me know you have done so. If you are already a subscriber, let me know that in the comment instead.
- Follow @RobynsWorld and @Hexbug on Twitter and send a tweet about the giveaway. You can do this once per day. Leave a direct link to your tweet (instructions here) in your comment for an extra entry for each tweet. Here is a tweet you can use (or make your own):
Win a @Hexbug Nano for your Easter Basket from @RobynsWorld. Way better than a stuffed bunny! http://bit.ly/bOYOxL RT?
- Become a fan of Robyn’s Online World on Facebook and leave a comment on my wall. Make sure to include the name you use on Facebook with your comment so I can verify.
- Follow my blog via Google Friends and leave a comment. You can find the widget on the right side of my blog, just scroll down a bit. Make sure to include the username you follow me with in your comment so I can verify the entry.
- Share my giveaway on your own blog or facebook page (instructions here) including a link to me and a link to the sponsor and tell me where (share the direct link)
Rules: Only one of each entry method listed per person/family/household. No entering on behalf of others, using extra identities or others identities, no automated program entries, etc. If I catch you cheating you will be banned from this and all of my future giveaways! This giveaway is only open to those in the USA only, ages 18+ only. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm Central Time on Thursday, April 1, 2010. I will pick the winner and email them and they have 48 hours to claim the prize. If no response, I will pick a new winner. Good luck!