This recipe is from Kellogg’s. I made it for my #LoveURCereal breakfast event today. Well, actually I prepared it last night because it is one of those handy dandy make the night before then bake in the morning meals. Love that! This was the most popular food today. I followed the recipe exactly, but when I make again I think I might add some garlic and a little more pepper or pepper sauce – something for a tiny more kick because you all know how I am. I had several folks today though that I knew liked milder things so I didn’t give it extra kick today.
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled reserving 1 tablespoon drippings
- 1/2 cup Kellogg’s® Corn Flake Crumbs
- 5 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups frozen hasbrown potatoes (I used cubed, but shredded would work too)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 drops liquid pepper sauce
- Mix KELLOGG’S Corn Flake Crumbs with drippings. Set aside.
- In medium-size bowl beat eggs until foamy. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into greased 9-inch pie pan. Sprinkle with crumbs mixture and bacon. Cover. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove pan from refrigerator. Uncover and bake at 350° F about 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Eggs are one of the prettiest shades of yellow I think
Mix up all the inside stuff.
This is before baking – it browns up nicely after it is baked (but I forgot to take a picture of that this morning)
Disclosure: I have been compensated and provided information from Kellogg’s via TheMotherhood.com for this event. The opinions are truly my own, we have always loved Kellogg’s cereals even before I started this campaign.
Transparency is everything.