I have used bread crumbs in all sorts of things since I started cooking. Usually I use Progresso Italian style bread crumbs, sometimes I make homemade. A few years ago I started hearing the term “panko” on my cooking shows. This was supposed to be a bread crumb that stayed crispy. I have tried them a few times and have been very pleased with them. Now Progresso is making Panko style bread crumbs and they sent me the Lemon Pepper variety to try out.
The original recipe from General Mills is on the Progresso website, but I modified it just a tad tonight when I made this. Frankly, I made it a tiny bit simpler is all. The bread crumbs are very flavorful, more than I would have thought, and by dipping the chicken in the ranch dressing it gives it a nice tangy boost under the lemon flavor also. I’m going to try the Progresso Panko bread crumbs on some fish next week I think.
Lemon Pepper Ranch Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp ranch dressing
- 1 cup Progresso lemon pepper panko crispy bread crumbs
Heat oven to 350°. Place ranch dressing on a small plate, place bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Rinse and pat dry chicken breasts. Dip chicken into dressing to lightly coat. Now place chicken in bread crumbs and press to cover the chicken pieces. Place on baking sheet. Do this with all chicken pieces. Bake for 20-30 minutes (depending on size), until chicken reaches 165°.
The original recipe called for pounding the chicken thin and drizzling melted butter over the top. As I said, I went the simpler route. You could easily do this with chicken tenderloins, or cut chicken into nugget sizes for the kids, use drumsticks, etc. Whatever floats your boat, just adjust your cooking time accordingly.
Progresso has teamed up with Chef Michael Chiarello to come up with more amazing recipes and some great panko tips. Along with the Lemon Pepper flavor, they also have an Italian Style and Plain Panko Crispy Bread Crumbs available. The traditional Progresso bread crumbs are all still available as well.
The Giveaway: One lucky reader will win a box of Progresso Panko Lemon Pepper Crispy Bread Crumbs and this amazing cookbook, Bottega, by Michael Chiarello.
Required Entry: Tell me what you would try these new Progresso Panko bread crumbs on. (If you need inspiration, visit Progresso’s recipes). Winners notified by mail only, so make sure I have a way of accessing your email address when you comment.
Extra Entries: The following are all extra things you can do for more entries. Leave an additional comment for each thing you do to earn extra entries.
- Subscribe my feed via email and then leave a comment letting me know you have done so. If you are already a subscriber, let me know that in the comment instead. Subscribe to Robyn’s World
- Follow @RobynsWorld on Twitter and send a tweet about the giveaway. You can do this one time per day. Leave a direct link to your tweet (instructions here) in your comment for an extra entry for each tweet. Just click the Tweet button (or make your own)
- Share my giveaway on your own blog. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post on your blog.
- Stumble this post on StumbleUpon and leave a comment letting me know you have done so. Be sure to leave your StumbleUpon name so I can verify.
- Like this post via Facebook and leave a comment letting me know you have done so. Be sure to leave your Facebook name so I can verify.
- Follow Robyn’s World via NetworkedBlogs on Facebook by clicking here (or use the widget in the right sidebar) and leave a comment letting me know you have done so. Be sure to leave your Facebook name so I can verify
- Follow me via Google Friend Connect (widget on the right sidebar) and leave a comment letting me know you have done so. Be sure to leave your Google Friend Connect name so I can verify.
Rules: Only one of each entry method listed per person/family/household. No entering on behalf of others, using extra identities or others identities, no automated program entries, etc. If I catch you cheating you will be banned from this and all of my future giveaways! This giveaway is only open to those in the USA, ages 18+. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm Central Time on Wednesday, January 26, 2011. I will pick a winner and email them and they have 48 hours to claim the prize. If no response, I will pick a new winner. Good luck!
DISCLOSURE: I was provided a sample of the product and a cookbook by General Mills thru MyBlogSpark for this post. They are also providing the prize package. The opinions are strictly my own. Transparency is everything!