Space paste is what we call Amore at our house. Taylor said it reminded him of pictures of foods in tubes that he saw that astronauts use when they are in space. The name stuck. When he was younger, he always wanted to be the person to squeeze the tube even. I learned about tomato paste in a tube from a cooking show, which I don’t recall, but I thought it was such a great idea instead of buying those small cans of paste where I used a small amount and then threw the rest away. My local grocery store, Dierbergs, didn’t care Amore pastes at the time but I asked them to and now they do.
You can see that the pastes all come in tubes, just like a toothpaste tube. Squeeze out what you need and then put the rest back in the fridge for the next time you need it. The tomato paste is the one I use the most of, and I have to say I think the flavor is much better than the stuff you get in a can (and I’ve tried several brands). Along with the tomato paste there are garlic, pesto, anchovy, herb, sun-dried tomato, and red pepper pastes. Inside the boxes the tubes come in they always have recipes, plus there are recipes on the Amore Brands website as well. Like I said, I have been using Amore pastes for several years now and highly recommend them.
I was planning on making this pizza one night this week along with the Amore Caesar Salad recipe, however since we had our crisis that didn’t happen yet. Hopefully in the next couple of days I will, but I still wanted to share the recipe though with everyone before Valentine’s Day because it is a fun way for families to spend Valentine’s evening together.
Valentine’s Day Deep Dish Pizza With Amore
Great for a family Valentine’s Day celebration, this heart-shaped deep dish pizza is full of authentic Italian flavor.
1 tube (2.8 ounces) Amore Sun-Dried Tomato Paste
2 teaspoons Amore Garlic Paste
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 medium tomato
1 pound fresh or thawed frozen pizza dough
6 ounces thin sliced provolone cheese
2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
1 jar (8.5 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry
2 tablespoons Amore Pesto Paste
12 ounces shredded mozzarella
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Line a 10 x 2-inch heart-shaped or round cake pan with aluminum foil, overlapping the sides of the pan 2 inches. Lightly oil the foil.
Stir together the Amore Sun-Dried Tomato Paste and Amore Garlic Paste with the olive oil and oregano. Cut the tomato in half and remove the core. Squeeze the tomato to discard the juice. Slice thin.
Pat the dough out evenly to fit the pan, pressing the dough against the sides and around the rim. Arrange half the provolone slices on top of the dough. Spread with the sun-dried tomato mixture. Arrange the remaining ingredients as follows: prosciutto, roasted red peppers and remaining provolone. Dot with the Amore Pesto Paste. Top with a layer of the tomato slices followed by the mozzarella.
Bake 35 minutes or until browned and bubbling. Let stand 10 minutes.
Use the foil to lift the pizza from the pan. Slide onto a cutting board and discard the foil. Cut into wedges to serve.
Makes 6 servings.
The Giveaway: One lucky reader will win the entire line of Amore pastes plus an Amore apron!
Required Entry: Visit the recipe section of Amore and look around, come back and leave a comment telling me which recipe you would most like to try other than the ones I mentioned above.
Winners notified by mail only, so make sure I have a way of accessing your email address when you comment.
Extra Entries: The following are all extra things you can do for more entries. Leave an additional comment for each thing you do to earn extra entries.
- Subscribe my feed via email and then leave a comment letting me know you have done so. If you are already a subscriber, let me know that in the comment instead. Subscribe to Robyn’s Online World
- Follow @RobynsWorld on Twitter and send a tweet about the giveaway. You can do this one time per day. Leave a direct link to your tweet (instructions here) in your comment for an extra entry for each tweet. Just click the Tweet button (or make your own)
- Share my giveaway on your own blog. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post on your blog.
- Stumble this post on StumbleUpon and leave a comment letting me know you have done so. Be sure to leave your StumbleUpon name so I can verify.
- Like this post via Facebook and leave a comment letting me know you have done so. Be sure to leave your Facebook name so I can verify.
- Follow Robyn’s Online World via NetworkedBlogs on Facebook by clicking here (or use the widget in the right sidebar) and leave a comment letting me know you have done so. Be sure to leave your Facebook name so I can verify
- Follow me via Google Friend Connect (widget on the right sidebar) and leave a comment letting me know you have done so. Be sure to leave your Google Friend Connect name so I can verify.
Rules: Only one of each entry method listed per person/family/household. No entering on behalf of others, using extra identities or others identities, no automated program entries, etc. If I catch you cheating you will be banned from this and all of my future giveaways! This giveaway is only open to those in the USA, ages 18+. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm Central Time on Friday, February 25, 2011. I will pick a winner and email them and they have 48 hours to claim the prize. If no response, I will pick a new winner. Good luck!
DISCLOSURE: Amore Brands sent me a package of goodies including several of the pastes, a heart shaped pan, and an apron. I really do use these products all the time and recommend them and the opinions are strictly my own. They are also providing the prize for the giveaway. Transparency is everything!
All current giveaways can be found here