Yesterday I shared with you all the fun Pound Cake Fries and Raspberry Ketchup, today I have an easy chocolate fondue to dip your Sara Lee Pound Cake in. Doesn’t it look yummy? Remember that March 4 is National Pound Cake day and I am celebrating thanks to Sara Lee!
I actually never have made a chocolate fondue before so I was a little worried that it would turn out poorly, but this recipe is super easy and it turned out great. Plus you can keep it in the fridge for up to 4 days (the recipe makes a lot). By the way, that is my new Beka Fondue pot which is the perfect size. Stay tuned next week or so for more about it (and a giveaway).
Recipe from Sara Lee Desserts
- 1 (16oz) Sara Lee Frozen Pound Cake
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
(I just bought one bag of chocolate chunks that was 1 3/4 cup and it worked fine)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- assorted fruits, marshmallows, anything you want to dip (optional)
Thaw your Sara Lee Frozen Pound Cake and cut into cubes, set aside. Place sweetened condensed milk and chocolate in large microwavable bowl. Microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring after one minute. Stir with a wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. (While it at first looked like it wasn’t melted enough, just a few turns of the whisk and it started to incorporate right away, don’t worry). Now stir in the whipping cream and vanilla; mixing until well blended (this took a tad bit longer than the first mixing, but don’t worry it will come together). Serve with pound cake, fruits, marshmallows, etc. I put my fondue into the fondue pot with the candle below to keep it warm while we dipped.
I made this last night and Taylor and Hubby both had difficult days, they both really seemed to enjoy this though and it lifted them both up a bit. It was fun using the fondue pot too. Then Taylor had the excellent idea of first dipping the pound cake cubes into the chocolate fondue and then dipping it into our raspberry “ketchup” – ohhhh, that was yummy! That made me think of the Godiva Chocolate Vodka too which would taste great with this dessert for the grown ups.
There will be yet another Sara Lee Frozen Pound Cake dessert tomorrow so stop back in then! Make sure you follow @SaraLeeDesserts on Twitter and like Sara Lee Desserts on Facebook for more great ideas and recipes for celebrating National Pound Cake Day!
Required Entry: Leave a comment telling me what you think your favorite type of sauce (homemade, store bought, whatever) to dip pound cake into would be.
Winners notified by mail only, so make sure I have a way of accessing your email address when you comment.
Extra Entries: The following are all extra things you can do for more entries. Leave an additional comment for each thing you do to earn extra entries.
- Subscribe my feed via email and then leave a comment letting me know you have done so. If you are already a subscriber, let me know that in the comment instead. Subscribe to Robyn’s Online World
- Follow @RobynsWorld on Twitter and send a tweet about the giveaway. You can do this one time per day. Leave a direct link to your tweet (instructions here) in your comment for an extra entry for each tweet. Just click the Tweet button (or make your own)
- Share my giveaway on your own blog. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post on your blog.
- Stumble this post on StumbleUpon and leave a comment letting me know you have done so. Be sure to leave your StumbleUpon name so I can verify.
- Like this post via Facebook and leave a comment letting me know you have done so. Be sure to leave your Facebook name so I can verify.
- Follow Robyn’s Online World via NetworkedBlogs on Facebook by clicking here (or use the widget in the right sidebar) and leave a comment letting me know you have done so. Be sure to leave your Facebook name so I can verify
- Follow me via Google Friend Connect (widget on the right sidebar) and leave a comment letting me know you have done so. Be sure to leave your Google Friend Connect name so I can verify.
Rules: Only one of each entry method listed per person/family/household. No entering on behalf of others, using extra identities or others identities, no automated program entries, etc. If I catch you cheating you will be banned from this and all of my future giveaways! This giveaway is only open to those in the USA, ages 18+. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm Central Time on Thursday, March 17, 2011. I will pick a winner and email them and they have 48 hours to claim the prize. If no response, I will pick a new winner. Good luck!
DISCLOSURE: Sara Lee Desserts provided me coupons to purchase their products to try out for this post. They are also providing the prize. The opinions and recipe modifications are my own.Transparency is everything!
All current giveaways can be found here