Did you know that March 4 is National Pound Cake Day? I have three days worth of yummy pound cake goodness to share with you all thanks to the folks at Sara Lee. Hubby was thrilled that I was working on this campaign because he is always asking me to pick up the Sara Lee frozen pound cakes at the store.
The first recipe are these fun fries and ketchup. I am thinking this would be really fun on April Fools Day for the younger kiddos! The original recipe is from Sara Lee, but I made it a little simpler and was quite happy with it. Try it either way you like.
- 1 Sara Lee Frozen Pound Cake
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, partially thawed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon (or so) of cold water
Cut the pound cake into thin fry sized strips. I left the brown edge on because I thought it made them look like natural cut fries more. Once your raspberries are partially thawed, blend them (I used a stick blender) with the sugar until not lumpy. I added about 1 tablespoon of cold water to help ease this along actually. The end result is a nice thick consistency, sort of like good ketchup. The color is a little pinkish, but if you wanted it more red just add some food coloring. Serve with your pound cake “fries”
I’ll have more recipes the next 2 days (and more giveaway). Make sure you follow @SaraLeeDesserts on Twitter and like Sara Lee Desserts on Facebook for more great ideas and recipes for celebrating National Pound Cake Day!
***** GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED *****
The Giveaway: One lucky winner will receive a full value coupon for any Sara Lee Sweet Goods product up to $6
Required Entry: Leave a comment telling me your favorite way to eat Sara Lee pound cakes.
Winners notified by mail only, so make sure I have a way of accessing your email address when you comment.
Extra Entries: The following are all extra things you can do for more entries. Leave an additional comment for each thing you do to earn extra entries.
- Subscribe my feed via email and then leave a comment letting me know you have done so. If you are already a subscriber, let me know that in the comment instead. Subscribe to Robyn’s Online World
- Follow @RobynsWorld on Twitter and send a tweet about the giveaway. You can do this one time per day. Leave a direct link to your tweet (instructions here) in your comment for an extra entry for each tweet. Just click the Tweet button (or make your own)
- Share my giveaway on your own blog. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post on your blog.
- Stumble this post on StumbleUpon and leave a comment letting me know you have done so. Be sure to leave your StumbleUpon name so I can verify.
- Like this post via Facebook and leave a comment letting me know you have done so. Be sure to leave your Facebook name so I can verify.
- Follow Robyn’s Online World via NetworkedBlogs on Facebook by clicking here (or use the widget in the right sidebar) and leave a comment letting me know you have done so. Be sure to leave your Facebook name so I can verify
- Follow me via Google Friend Connect (widget on the right sidebar) and leave a comment letting me know you have done so. Be sure to leave your Google Friend Connect name so I can verify.
Rules: Only one of each entry method listed per person/family/household. No entering on behalf of others, using extra identities or others identities, no automated program entries, etc. If I catch you cheating you will be banned from this and all of my future giveaways! This giveaway is only open to those in the USA, ages 18+. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm Central Time on Wednesday, March 16, 2011. I will pick a winner and email them and they have 48 hours to claim the prize. If no response, I will pick a new winner. Good luck!
DISCLOSURE: Sara Lee Desserts provided me coupons to purchase their products to try out for this post. They are also providing the prize. The opinions and recipe modifications are my own.Transparency is everything!
All current giveaways can be found here