Happy dance, today (March 4) is National Pound Cake Day! I’ve been celebrating with you the last couple of days already by sharing the Pound Cake Fries with Raspberry Ketchup, then the Easy Chocolate Fondue with Pound Cake, and then today I had to pull out something extra special I thought. A big thank you to Sara Lee Desserts for the inspiration for the last couple of days – and for the giveaway prizes (yes more today)!
Pina Colada Pound Cake Panini
by Robyn Wright
- 1 (16oz) Sara Lee Frozen Pound Cake
- 6oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 tbsp shredded coconut
- 4 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 2 tbsp caramel sauce (store bought is fine)
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- Extra caramel sauce for drizzling
Remove the pound cake from the freezer and let it thaw a bit while you prepare the rest. Mix the softened cream cheese, coconut, walnuts, pineapple, and caramel sauce together well. Heat your Panini grill (or non-stick skillet) and brush with melted butter. Slice the pound cake into 16 slices. Spread one slice of bread with a dollop of your cream cheese mixture, top with another slice of pound cake. Now grill for about 2 minutes. If you are using a skillet, make sure to flip it over half-way through the cooking. Do the same for the remaining sandwiches. Serve drizzled with extra caramel sauce over the top. Makes 8 Panini’s.
I swear, this is SO delicious! I wish we had computers that you could smell and taste through right now to share with everyone! Mmmmmm, mmmmm! Now if you wanted to make this for the adults, you could also brush the inside of the slices of pound cake with a bit of nice rum before spreading the topping on them. Enjoy!
The Giveaway: Three lucky winners will receive a full value coupon for any Sara Lee Sweet Goods product up to $6
Winners notified by mail only, so make sure I have a way of accessing your email address when you comment.
Extra Entries: The following are all extra things you can do for more entries. Leave an additional comment for each thing you do to earn extra entries.
- Subscribe my feed via email and then leave a comment letting me know you have done so. If you are already a subscriber, let me know that in the comment instead. Subscribe to Robyn’s Online World
- Follow @RobynsWorld on Twitter and send a tweet about the giveaway. You can do this one time per day. Leave a direct link to your tweet (instructions here) in your comment for an extra entry for each tweet. Just click the Tweet button (or make your own)
- Share my giveaway on your own blog. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post on your blog.
- Stumble this post on StumbleUpon and leave a comment letting me know you have done so. Be sure to leave your StumbleUpon name so I can verify.
- Like this post via Facebook and leave a comment letting me know you have done so. Be sure to leave your Facebook name so I can verify.
- Follow Robyn’s Online World via NetworkedBlogs on Facebook by clicking here (or use the widget in the right sidebar) and leave a comment letting me know you have done so. Be sure to leave your Facebook name so I can verify
- Follow me via Google Friend Connect (widget on the right sidebar) and leave a comment letting me know you have done so. Be sure to leave your Google Friend Connect name so I can verify.
Rules: Only one of each entry method listed per person/family/household. No entering on behalf of others, using extra identities or others identities, no automated program entries, etc. If I catch you cheating you will be banned from this and all of my future giveaways! This giveaway is only open to those in the USA, ages 18+. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm Central Time on Friday, March 18, 2011. I will pick a winner and email them and they have 48 hours to claim the prize. If no response, I will pick a new winner. Good luck!
DISCLOSURE: Sara Lee Desserts provided me coupons to purchase their products to try out for this post. They are also providing the prize. The opinions and recipe modifications are my own.Transparency is everything!
All current giveaways can be found here