This is one of my favorite items I have come across lately. While I opted to make custom flash cards for my new nephew of his family, Goosie cards have a huge range of ways to help kids – including special needs kids!
The idea is simple, use your own photos (or even stock images from Goosie) and enter your own text to create custom flash cards. So for my nephew we used pictures of his family like mom, dad, his dogs, grandparents, etc. with our names on them so as he is learning to talk he will learn our names with our faces. I love that it works through Walgreens photo center too – just drag and drop the photos you have uploaded to the Walgreens site onto your Goosie cards, add a border, and text. Done!
Many of you have children with special needs in your life and the folks at AblePlay have rated Goosie Cards with 4 and 5 star ratings for physical, sensory, communicative, and cognitive needs. You can keep adding to your collection of Goosie Cards also in whatever way works for your child. For my family we may have made different mood faces and labeled those moods for a set of Goosie cards. We had some posters of emotions, but real faces are so much more helpful to kids in learning the moods so they can understand them in real life situations. Think about what a great gift idea this is for a child – any learning gift is the best gift I think personally.
I really would love for you all to go look at GoosieCards.com to learn more and you can go thru Walgreens online photo center to order your custom set right away. I have a special 15% off code you can use with your order also: gooworld15
The Giveaway: One lucky reader will win a Signature Collection 10-Card Set of Goosie Cards.
Required Entry: Leave a comment telling me who you would create a set of Goosie Cards for in your life and why.
Winners notified by mail only, so make sure I have a way of accessing your email address when you comment.
Extra Entries: The following are all extra things you can do for more entries. Leave an additional comment for each thing you do to earn extra entries.
- Follow @GoosieCards on Twitter and leave a comment telling me you have done so and your Twitter handle
- Like Goosie Cards on Facebook and leave a comment on their page telling them that RobynsOnlineWorld.com sent you. Leave a comment here letting me know you have done so and your Facebook name.
- Subscribe my feed via email and then leave a comment letting me know you have done so. If you are already a subscriber, let me know that in the comment instead. Subscribe to Robyn’s Online World
- Follow @RobynsWorld on Twitter and send a tweet about the giveaway. You can do this one time per day. Leave a direct link to your tweet (instructions here) in your comment for an extra entry for each tweet. Just click the Tweet button below (or make your own)
- Share my giveaway on your own blog. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post on your blog.
Rules: Only one of each entry method listed per person/family/household. No entering on behalf of others, using extra identities or others identities, no automated program entries, etc. If I catch you cheating you will be banned from this and all of my future giveaways! This giveaway is only open to those in the USA, ages 18+. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm Central Time on Friday, November 18, 2011. I will pick a winner and email them and they have 24 hours to claim the prize. If no response, I will pick a new winner. Good luck!