Today starts the beginning of National Safe Boating Week. I grew up being on a boat often as my parents and family love to fish. While a bass boat really is not my thing, I prefer a sailboat or a cabin cruiser or a yacht, being safe is always important regardless of the boat you are on.
One very important thing is to inspect your life jacket. Has it seen better days? The infographic below shows you what to look at. This might be the year to replace them. Father’s Day is coming up and if your dad is hard to buy for usually, what about getting him a set of new life jackets for his boat?
Some extra resources for you to check out in connection with National Safe Boating Week:
- Safe Boating Campaign Website
- National Safe Boating Week Event on Facebook
- Sidekicks site for kids – lots of games, coloring pages, and activities for kids about safe boating
- @BoatingCampaign on Twitter
- National Safe Boating on YouTube
- Choosing a Life Jacket – There are a lot of options these days, find what is best for your needs
Do you go on a boat (any kind) often? Are you as safe as you should be?