During the holiday season I want some easy appetizers that I can throw together quickly that just about everyone will like. The folks at Athens Foods shared this great recipe for Buffalo Wing Phyllo Bites that is just what I am looking for. Phyllo is, I believe the original spelling of the dough, but I see it often as Fillo, like on the Athens package, or sometimes even Filo (one L instead of two).
The recipe calls for cooked shredded chicken and you can do this yourself or pick up an already cooked rotisserie chicken at your local grocery store to make it easy. If you want to cook the chicken yourself, just cook some extra one night that you already are planning on chicken and put it in the fridge until you are ready to make these little bites.
If you have not tried the Athens Mini Fillo Shells, you should. I have them in my freezer now even. They are a super simple way to make what looks like a very fancy appetizer for your guests. They are already baked, just fill them and eat.
Does this sound like an appetizer that would be easy to make and that lots of your guests would enjoy?
Buffalo Wing Phyllo Bites Recipe
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (use Frank’s or any other hot sauce you like)
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Mini Fillo Shells (look in the frozen food aisle by the pre-made pie crusts)
- 2 Tablespoons blue cheese dressing (use low-fat blue cheese dressing even)
- 2 Tablespoons green onions, sliced (or maybe some finely chopped fresh celery stalks or small bits of celery leaves)
- In a small bowl, combine shredded chicken with hot sauce.
- Place one Tablespoon of chicken in each fillo shell. Drizzle each shell with blue cheese dressing and garnish with green onions. Serve immediately.
[Photos: Athens Foods]