My son has been out on his own since this summer. There are a lot of things I miss about not having a child at home but today I am focusing on ten of the good things that happen when your son moves out of the house. Hubby and I are officially “empty nesters” which feels odd because I think we are so young, but I guess age is not a factor.
Here they are, in no particular order (they are all good)…
- Your grocery bill goes down
–teenage boys eat a lot
- Your sex life improves
–you have the whole house to yourselves again
- Less drama
–teenagers, you know?
- Extra money in the budget
–no more can I have $20 for this or $10 for that
- Far less laundry
–teenagers change clothes a lot too
- It is quieter around the house
- You can go an entire day without hearing “whatever”
- Far fewer bouts of eye rolling
–this may not seem big, but you really notice it in a good way
- No one telling you that you are wrong about anything under the sun
–how do children ever grow up since parents know absolutely nothing?
- The bathroom is a lot cleaner
–again, nuf’ said
Can any of you relate? For those that have an empty nest now themselves, what am I forgetting on this list?