Hard candy is something I grew up with, Grandma Hoelker always had butterscotch candies with her and my Grandpa Coomes always had a jar of assorted hard candies. I don’t have a huge sweet tooth, but every once in a while a little piece of candy hits the spot. When GoOrganic told me about their organic candy and asked if my family and I would like to try it out I said yes, thanks so much to them for the free samples!
Taste is really what’s important for candy and GoOrganic did not disappoint. Everyone in the house has been trying the candy and we all enjoy it. I really love the ginger varieties that included ginger hard candy, ginger chews, and Ginger Xtreme hard candies. I’m quite a ginger fan, so is Hubby, and these all are very gingery but not overpowering. Another favorite in our house are the Organic Fruit Snacks Fruit Medley – they went so fast I didn’t even get a chance to try one. They are gummy type candies and I have already been asked to buy more of them. The honey lemon hard candies will be perfect when I have a tickle in my throat. Cherry and apple candies were also a favorite. Really, there was nothing we did not like out of all the samples GoOrganic sent to me.
Now on top of how delicious the GoOrganic candies are, they are actually a bit better for you than some other candies that are out there. While it is still candy, it is nice to be able to know some things are missing, in a good way, even in a sweet treat like this.
- Gluten free – I have many friends who eat gluten free so I always like when I find a food product that would work for them that tastes good even to those of us who do eat gluten.
- USDA Organic – There are guidelines that brands must follow to be labeled as USDA Organic, it actually is one of those labels that does mean something!
- Non GMO Verified – GMOs have been big in the food news lately and if this is something that is important to you know that GoOrganic candies are non GMO!
- Made in the USA – I am all for a global economy and the world being as one, but I still like to try to support products made here in the USA whenever I can.
- No high fructose corn syrup – Another big food news issue these days is the use of high fructose corn syrup. GoOrganic does not use this in their candies.
Like I said, it is still candy, but it tastes fabulous and if you can enjoy a sweet candy treat occasionally that is a bit better for you, why not? You can find GoOrganic at lots of drug store chains, mass merchandisers, grocery stores, gift shops, and more so make sure you look for it the next time you shop. You can find out more about GoOrganic on Facebook and follow @GoOrganicCandy on Twitter. They also have a new GoOrganicCandy website that will give you more of the company history and information about the varieties of GoOrganic candy that they offer.
Now for another extra treat! The sweet (pun intended) folks at GoOrganic are providing one of my readers to win four bags of GoOrganic Candy to try themselves! Isn’t that nice? It will be assorted flavors but I assure you they are all yummy!